Thursday, December 6, 2012

He opens the Gates too


Subscribe to My Guru Story

I’ve experienced many times that we are taken care of in such a fantastic way. Recently I joined a new job as interim staff. When I started the job, I prayed and said: “ Guruji I’m doing this job for you.“

This incident happened on 15th November 2012. Unplanned I ended up working late. I noticed that around 7 pm practically the whole department was empty. There were only three of us left.  I carried on working, as the day after we had to deliver training so I had to prepare and keep the database ready by then. Till last minute various issues kept appearing and I had to resolve them. I noticed that before 7.30 pm the entire department was vacant and only I was left in our part of the building. Well, I didn't have any choice but to complete my work.

Luckily it didn't take much longer. At 7.45 pm, I switched off my computer, satisfied and happy having the database ready for the training. I reached the exit door, which is normally open and there are a couple of security officers around.  This door was locked and no security officers were visible. So I tried to open the door using my swipe card. Nothing happened.  I realized that something was wrong. I had just recently joined the job as interim staff and wasn’t aware of the routines and procedures.

While I was thinking what to do, I heard the sound of somebody walking down the stairs. A lady, who was working in another department, was also going home. So I could leave the building with her. I asked her why my swipe card didn't work. She told me that to be able to leave the building after 7.30 pm, one needs a swipe card with 24 hour access and very few members of staff have this type of swipe card. So I was very blessed that a member of staff with this type of swipe card was leaving the building at the same time.

The day after I told my line manager about the incident. He apologized for forgetting to inform me about the limited access of my swipe card. Further, he said that I was very fortunate indeed, because if the lady wasn’t leaving the building at that time, I had to call up the security and they create a big scene. Besides giving a harsh lecture, they inform not only one’s line manager but also the head of the department!

Thanks Guruji for always watching over and looking after us.

Jai Gurudev!
Roopa


Official facebook page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official twitter page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official G+ page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Huffington post   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Speaking Tree   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Tour Schedule
Note: Unable to see the above images? Please click on 'Display images' in your mail


Art of Living Universe: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment