Thursday, January 10, 2013

He is watching you!


Subscribe to My Guru Story

I did my first Part I course in January of 2001.  In November 2002, Thanksgiving weekend, I did my first Advance Course.

After this course, I had a strong longing to visit and meet Guruji.  The next opportunity was the Christmas/New Year's course at the German Ashram in the end of December 2002.

As I was not working at that time, I checked His tour schedule on the website and I booked a ticket for my second Advance Course in the Black Forest of Germany, where Lord Shiva was said to have meditated.  At the last minute, I had cold feet and didn't want to go, but I could feel a hand on the middle of my back pushing me forward, as if to say get up and go.

So, I went.  The final leg of the journey was jumping in the cab from the train station in Germany and heading to the Ashram.  As we approached the Ashram, I began searching for my money to pay the cab driver.  Nothing.  I searched again and again. Nothing.  I was out of money.  What to do?

I didn't want to go into the Ashram and ask for money to pay the cab driver that would not be a good first impression!  So I prayed.  I said "Guruji, I don't have money to pay this cab driver.  Help me."

All of a sudden, I had the urge to check my money pouch once again.  I had checked it already many times.  As the cab was coming to a stop, I checked it and it was the exact amount for the cab; not a penny over or under!

Then, I realized that Guruji may not even be there at the Ashram because I had only checked the website and signed up for the course. What if I traveled all this way and He is not even here?  An overwhelming panic consumed me.

I rushed into the Ashram and asked two different people if Guruji was there and they said yes, but for some reason my mind wasn't convinced. I went to the office area and asked a third person, "Is Guruji here"?  And he said, yes, "He's right behind you!"  And I turned and that's how I first met my Guru.

Guruji, I've always belonged to you.

Jai gurudev!

Love,
Laura Mitchell
Houston, Texas, USA

Wish to share YOUR Guru Story with the whole world?  
Mail it to us at mygurustory@artoflivinguniverse.org and we will share it with everyone. Jai Gurudev!

Official facebook page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official twitter page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official G+ page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Huffington post   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Speaking Tree   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Tour Schedule
Note: Unable to see the above images? Please click on 'Display images' in your mail

Art of Living Universe: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment