Thursday, July 19, 2012

Quit Smoking

Note: If you are not able to see the image below, you need to click on 'Display images' in your mail




I was a chain smoker for 20 years, started smoking from my 2nd year of engineering when I was 18yrs old. I started smoking for fun when I was in hostel; later on I became a chain smoker. The habit became a major source of stress for me and my family. I tried a lot to quit but I would stop for 3 to 4 weeks then again re-start. Two years passed like this, with a series of failed attempts. Then I did the Part-I course and from the last day of the course I stopped eating meat, but my smoking continued for a few months and then I was blessed with a chance to have Guruji's darshan when He himself came to my hometown. This was the first time I met the master, I prayed and surrendered the habit to Guruji. After that one darshan of His Holiness I could effortlessly quit smoking.

During the visit I was lucky to meet Him & He blessed me with a shawl. Words are few to express the gratitude I feel for the Master

---
Mahesh Mittal

Wish to share YOUR Guru Story with the whole world?
Mail it to us at mygurustory@artoflivinguniverse.org and we will share it with everyone. Jai Gurudev!

No comments:

Post a Comment