Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blessing in a dream

Note: If you are not able to see the image below, you need to click on 'Display images' in your mail




Hi,

I'm writing to share an incident from about 6 months ago.

I am a scientist working in Switzerland. I'd been invited to speak at what seemed like an important international conference in San Diego. I was happy to accept the invitation because it was an invited presentation. Once I got there, I realized that the conference was on a scale that I'd not imagined - some of the best scientists from my field of research were there and it was very humbling to have been invited to give a talk there. I'd given invited talks before but never to an august audience such as this. It was a little mind-wrecking because it would be a tough gathering to address. The format of the talk involved a presentation for about 25 minutes and then a question-answer session for 5-10 mins.

I seemed fine until the evening before the day of my talk and I started feeling quite nervous. I was up until a little late in the night making last minute changes to my talk. I had a few hours of sleep to catch before the D-day. My dream that night was very special - Guruji appeared and blessed me. It felt very nice and I was very calm after I woke up. I did my usual Kriya and vaguely remember having followed through one of Guruji's guided meditation sessions. I was very calm, most unusual given the circumstances. The time came for my talk - I went on stage and everything flowed through so seamlessly, it felt great. I wasn't ruffled by the circumstances even a week bit and the feedback following my talk was very positive.

It still feels very nice to recollect the events of that night. There's more to a Guru - Sishya relationship than what appears. It still holds its sanctity in the modern world that we live in.

Jai Guru Dev
Abhinandan


Wish to share YOUR Guru Story with the whole world?
Mail it to us at mygurustory@artoflivinguniverse.org and we will share it with everyone. Jai Gurudev!


Sri Sri's Knowledge Sheets - Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment