Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thumbs up!

Note: If you are not able to see the image below, you need to click on 'Display images' in your mail




I broke by thumb in January 2012 right at the joint where it attaches to the palm. All the doctors who saw the x-ray photographs had grim expressions and expressed doubts whether it would be alright again. I realized the importance of the thumb during that period and realized that I would be handicapped for life if it was not fixed.

Finally the day for the operation arrived. I was given general anesthesia and I became unconscious. Half an hour later someone patted me to wake me up and I knew intuitively that the operation went well. I thanked the doctor in a semi-conscious state, who performed the operation. Later the doctor also told us that he thought that the operation would be successful and the bone was fixed in the correct position.

After the operation, for the six or seven weeks my hand was fixed in a cast with metal wires inserted, and I felt no pain!!!

I remind myself of the enormous amount of love and care that the divine bestows on us with this incident. All of his grace flowed to me through Guruji and he hold my right hand when my left was being operated on.

Thank you Guruji for taking such a good care of me in a foreign land, and I know I am not alone!

Koti Koti Pranam
Kavya

Wish to share YOUR Guru Story with the whole world?
Mail it to us at mygurustory@artoflivinguniverse.org and we will share it with everyone. Jai Gurudev!




No comments:

Post a Comment