Sunday, March 23, 2014

Beautiful Birthday


Subscribe to My Guru Story

It was my 19th birthday. As most other people, even I had plans for the big day, and was looking forward to the celebrations. On my birthday night, owing to the bad behaviour of my very close friend, I got very upset and I cried almost all night. And then, all my birthday plans got cancelled, which made me even more upset! I was just so disheartened and dejected.
Half the day passed, and I was at home, crying and sulking, as it was my birthday and I wanted it to be special! I was feeling very terrible. I knew not what to do. I made a small prayer to Gurudev, pleading Him to make everything alright, for the rest of the day was still left, and I wanted a miracle to happen.
And all of a sudden, out of nowhere, my mother received a call from my uncle, who is an Art of Living teacher as well. He excitedly informed her that Guruji was in Delhi, and He had a flight to catch in a while, so there was a good chance of Him giving Darshan to the devotees before leaving. On hearing this, I got extremely happy, bought my birthday cake and went to Vasant Vihar, with the hope of meeting Him. As we entered, the room was full with people. I quietly went and sat in a corner with my mom and dad. Bhajans (devotional hyms) were going on. I sat patiently, yet there was a bit of anxiety in my mind, as Gurudev had a flight to board, which meant that He would have to leave the room soon. And then suddenly, the moment arrived. Guruji started walking towards us. On seeing Him, I ran with the cake in my hand and went and stood near Gurudev. He was looking directly into my eyes.

Click here to continue reading this wonderful Guru Story..........
Wish to share YOUR Guru Story with the whole world? Mail it to us at mygurustory@artoflivinguniverse.org and we will share it with everyone. Jai Gurudev!


Official facebook page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official twitter page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official G+ page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Huffington post   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Speaking Tree   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Tour Schedule
Note: Unable to see the above images? Please click on 'Display images' in your mail

Art of Living Universe: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment