Monday, December 23, 2013

Blossoming Talents


Subscribe to My Guru Story

It is said that in the presence of a Guru, five things blossom. One of them is that all talents in a person manifest. I used to wonder, “Is this really true?”
I used to play the guitar very casually, and knew a few Bollywood songs and chords, prior to the following event. I always wished to play AOL songs on the guitar, but struggled finding the right chords for them. My guitar teachers were also of no help, as AOL songs are Bhajans and the guitar teachers are not too fine-tuned with the same.
One day, I got to know about an Art of Living Songs chord’s book, which had the guitar chords for all the AOL Bhajans. I was so happy at this discovery. It was as if someone knew I needed the chord’s book. Soon, I formed a musical team in which I played the guitar, and my friend sang. We started singing in local YES!+ courses and conducted weekly Satsangs (hymns and chants) at various places. It was going great, and soon I bought a new electric guitar.
Eventually, my singer friend became irregular in attending Satsangs, due to certain personal commitments. By that time, I was not confident enough of playing the guitar as well as singing together. Rather, I wasn’t confident about singing at all. But I did not want to give up this beautiful practice of conducting Satsangs, so we continued to do so, taking Gurudev’s name each time we sang.

Click here to continue reading this wonderful Guru Story..........
Wish to share YOUR Guru Story with the whole world? Mail it to us at mygurustory@artoflivinguniverse.org and we will share it with everyone. Jai Gurudev!


Official facebook page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official twitter page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official G+ page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Huffington post   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Speaking Tree   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Tour Schedule
Note: Unable to see the above images? Please click on 'Display images' in your mail

Art of Living Universe: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment