Thursday, December 19, 2013

Towards a Healthy Life


Subscribe to My Guru Story

Being in the software industry, I used to work late hours, eat lot of junk food, have meals at irregular timings and would not even do any kind of physical activity or exercise. On the contrary, I used to feel that nothing would happen to me at such a young age, and thus I would keep procrastinating the idea of living a healthy and fit life, in spite of knowing that my father and wife were already facing health issues. Putting a brave front, I would try and move forward.
But my health was deteriorating significantly. Upon research, I found out as to how deadly BP can be, and its long term impact with medicine. Taking BP medicines also has side effects in the long term. I cursed myself for being so ignorant of the health problems arising due to irregular food and work habits. I realized that I had to accept the situation first. On doing so, I then focused on finding a solution to this health problem, and started some physical activity. It was very difficult to continue due to motivational issues. I started some Yoga but then discontinued in between. Somehow I wasn’t able to regularize my schedule. I was finding the entire process very tough. After 2 years of medication, I decided to give myself one last chance of getting back to shape and worked very hard. I became energetic, lost good amount of weight and started to feel healthy. However BP was still an issue, and I continued on medication. After 5 years of using BP medicines, in the year 2008, I came to know about the Sudharshan Kriya and did the AOL course. The first Kriya session was an amazing experience! I instantly fell in love with it and became very curious about it.

Click here to continue reading this wonderful Guru Story..........
Wish to share YOUR Guru Story with the whole world? Mail it to us at mygurustory@artoflivinguniverse.org and we will share it with everyone. Jai Gurudev!


Official facebook page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official twitter page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Official G+ page of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Huffington post   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Speaking Tree   Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Tour Schedule
Note: Unable to see the above images? Please click on 'Display images' in your mail

Art of Living Universe: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment